paper craft prototype

 Project 6 Papercraft ideations


I chose a shipping container and train cart for my project, with the container and train cart, the design allows me to print several copies and link them up, and have a lot of freedom with the different colours of train carts, and even the graffiti designs on the containers. Let me bring up some photos for example. 
If I were to keep pursuing this project, I could design the trucks, or even train engines, or container cranes that work with shipping containers. 
This project is personally fun because I can pursue the color's of paper while having a good design in mind.

Because I'm working on Rhino 7, I'm trying to figure out where the commands are, adding surface to the objects is annoyingly slowing me down.

Getting closer to layouts for the different boxes, working on the half-sized containers now and the container carriers. very excited.
So far so good, now to print and see how these come together! I'm about to nap on my keyboard so I'll try that tomorrow morning.

The prints came out really small so I'm gonna try and up-scale the sizes.

Designs look much cleaner and ready for print.

After printing, and starting to cut, I sadly laughed as I realized I forgot the connecting glue flaps for the pieces, so going back in and re-printing. Sometimes you need to go through the steps one at a time. I also added connecting rails for each train cart to link.

The first Designs look pretty good! I'm gonna widen the train cart for the containers to fit more snugly in, But the wheels look great, and the total size is three inches in length, and half an inch wide. I could definitely add graffiti designs or some different types of containers, maybe the train engine as well.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ryders Process

finale papercraft