Objectified response

 Project one

After viewing the documentary and getting some taste of the big word design, we were asked to pick a designed object from it and put it into the thinker's reality. Naoto Fukazawa pointed out human behaviors and our subconscious when asked to design a phone. Naoto noticed humans fidgeting and applied that theory to his phone, with purposeful blocky edges and cuts into smooth grooves. Naoto created a satisfying object in your pocket that serves its first functionality: a phone. 

In today's day and age, phones are sleek, stainless steel and aluminum-looking metals; with this cherry red toy as a contrast, I was interested. I want to know if today
y's technology matches vintage tech designs to reimagine future tech.




I began creating quick sketches and designs to prepare for this awkward shape design. I also took inspiration from car models and toy cars to grasp the sharp and smooth edges.

























Final Product! The shaping was a good challenge and the dip in the screen adds a nice touch, getting the proportions was a struggle as the camera angle would fool me with where objects really were.
If I could go back again I would study more commands to cut down on the processing time and learn more techniques for symmetrical objects. Also chose baby blue as a contrast for my design.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ryders Process

finale papercraft

paper craft prototype